Finding easy lunch ideas that are slimming world friendly and vegan as well can be a bit of a nightmare at times, especially when you need to eat them on the go, or at work. Here are my go to lunch ideas:
- Leftovers from the night before. Meals such as curry, spaghetti bolognese, chilli and ratatouille all reheat well, and are usually syn free as well. If you have access to a microwave at work then this is an easy one to do.
- Soups – these are again a really easy one to do. I invested in a thermos flask and now have soup once a week. By putting it in a thermos flask it remains warm until lunch time.
- Sandwiches – if you don’t mind using your Healthy Extra B choice for your lunch then sandwiches are an easy option. Finding suitable vegan options isn’t quite as easy. I now either have a plain salad sandwich, chickpea ‘tuna’, Linda McCartney sausages or vegan quorn ham slices in mine.
- Something on toast. Again this uses a healthy extra B choice. My favourite things to have on toast are spaghetti hoops, mushrooms or beans. All these toppings are syn free, and quite moist so I can get away with not putting any spread on to my toast.
- Baked Pototoes – Sticking a potato in the microwave is easy. I do it quite a lot on my days off. I love to top it with beans and mushrooms, with a bit of salad on the side. It’s really filling and not a syn in sight!
- Pasta Salad – Another really easy meal idea. I literally make this up as I go along, chopping up whatever salad I have in the house and putting it in with the pasta. I then add a couple of spoons of syn free salad dressing and a few chopped herbs to give it a bit more flavour. Yummy, filling and completely syn free as well.
As you can see all of these ideas are quick, cheap and either syn free or low syn. As you can see finding an easy lunch does not need to be too difficult. I know finding low syn ideas that are also vegan friendly can be difficult sometimes as Slimming World can be very meat, egg and dairy heavy but it doesn’t have to be.