Spaghetti Bolognese is one of our most used recipes. I know it must taste good because my ridiculously fussy daughter tells me that this is her favourite meal. She insists we eat it at least once a week, which I don’t have a problem with because it’s so good for her. I sneak loads of vegetables into it that she usually tells me she doesn’t like eating, and she doesn’t even know!
- 1 packet vegan mince (I personally use Tesco own brand)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 carton passata
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 150g mushrooms, chopped into small pieces
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, finely grated
- 1 aubergine, finely chopped
- Vegetable Stock Cube
- Mixed Herbs
How you make the Spaghetti Bolognese
- Spray a frying pan with frylight. Add the onions and lightly fry them until they are soft. Add in the crushed garlic.
- When the onions are cooked add in the green pepper and the mushrooms. Continue frying these until they are all soft
- Add in the soya mince, chopped tomatoes, passata and stock cube. Bring to the boil.
- Add in the remaining vegetables and simmer for 20 minutes. At this point add the mixed herbs and any other seasoning you may want.
Assuming you use frylight instead of oil, and a syn free mince then the Spaghetti Bolognese is syn free on Slimming World. We serve it with pasta and a side salad.