Curry is one of my favourite meals, and this recipe is my all time favourite curry. I’ve cooked it countless times and have now adapted it by changing the coconut milk to a yogurt so that it still fits in with my new diet. I would have been absolutely gutted if I’d have had to stop eating this! If you are following Slimming World like I am then this recipe is 2 syns for the whole thing (it serves 4 so 0.5 syns per serving).
- 6-8 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Tin Chick Peas
- 100g Spinach (or a few blocks of frozen)
- 500 ml vegetable stock (I make my own)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tub Alpro coconut yogurt (2syns)
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- Spray a saucepan with frylight and add the onions, garlic and chilli. Fry until onion is soft.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into cubes about of about 2-3cm length. Add them to the saucepan.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and empty the tin of chick peas in to the pan.
- Bring the pan to the boil, then turn the heat down low and leave to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes add the spinach to the pan and stir in.
- Leave to simmer for a further 5 minutes before slowly stirring in the yogurt.
- Serve with rice. I also serve it with homemade Naan Bread. We follow this recipe found on the PETA site.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do